Sunday, May 22, 2011

Lie to Me: Episode 3 & 4

Even though I wasn't too sure about the first two episodes, this drama is starting to have me hooked. So far, I've been enjoying the set-up and the love/hate between characters, Ah-Jung's desperation to prove herself, and the brothers and their love triangle (which we still only know minimal about). This drama's pace isn't very fast, so we have lingered on this lie, going through the angst over a possible law suit, etc. However, with the ending of episode four, the drama has taken a lurch forward and promises to finally move forward!

But despite the pace of the drama, there is still some character development going on. We get a better glimpse into Ki-Joon and Sang-Hee's brotherly relationship having been orphaned for twenty years and only having each other left in the world. I can definitely appreciate the the bond between brothers, especially as they seem to like the same the women...are we surprised? K-Drama Cliche #31. But the actors portray the brothers well and I find it slightly ironic that not only do they not look ANYTHING alike, but Ki-Joon has this higher-pitched voice while Sang-Hee has a deeper voice. Were they cast like this on purpose? I really can't stop giggling to myself whenever Ki-Joon talks. I really just can't take him seriously...

I love the plot twist that comes in the end as well, where Ki-Joon needs HER rather than vice versa. The mutual necessity of the fake marriage is more entertaining than having just her hook him in. I can see the stakes rising already which hopefully will mean more and more bickering, teasing, demands, and consequences.

So far so good. It's definitely one that I will watch to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment