Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dream High: Episode 4

Wow, all of a sudden this drama hit the ground running. Where was this energy before? We finally got past the introduction which is great because honestly, I was waiting for President Jung to finally disappear. Honestly, he just made no sense. Now we leave the plot in the hands of the three special admission students who are stuck in the lower classes where they cannot study music or dancing and there only hope is maybe get into a college...how sad is that? But at least the plot has finally decided to give us some direction. I can tell from now on, we'll be following these underdogs whom the new Principal will refuse to let succeed. Ok, now I'm on board!

I feel like I've been waiting for this episode forever. As tensions got higher and higher with yelling and screaming, cat fights, dog fights, and battles over weight...we are now getting to what this drama is really about: music competition between the higher class students and lower class. I can tell this is going to be a rough battle, especially if Oh Hyuk is involved, but one that will be worth watching. It's obvious that Sam Dong, Jin Gook, and Hye Mi are talented and just need the opportunity to prove it to the world. How this will happen with a under-qualified teacher is beyond me, but I think it'll still be fun. At least we're going somewhere.

Good luck, Hye Mi! If you don't beat Baek Hee at your exams, be prepared to eat your words. Though if she does win, will that mean the end of the conflict between them? I hope not--I do look forward to the competition between you two because at least that is one consistent conflict that has been apparent since episode one.

No comments:

Post a Comment