Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dream High: Episode 6


Hmm...what to say about this episode? Well, I'm torn between my new loves--Jin Gook and Sam Dong. Oh the two underdogs battling it out over Princess Grumpy! I have no idea what they actually see in her to love her, but it is adorable that they do and that they are fighting because we want some more of those showdowns! Yes, they are petty, but come on! She smiles at me while she cries with me and OMG ARE YOU WEARING MY UNDERWEAR? Yes, more of those moments...
Because I was laughing hysterically when Jin Gook was nearly tearing off Sam Dong's jeans to get his underwear back. I mean, really? Did you want your underwear THAT badly that you would attack him like that? Or were you wanting...something else? Too bad that got interrupted. We will never get to know!

Ok, and concerning Baek Hee--is anyone as surprised as I am how easily she turned evil? It took one audition...ok, maybe two or three encounters with Hye Mi's bad side and already she's attempting murder? It's just not realistic. I think Baek Hee's development could have been better if she actually struggled with her desire to hate Hye Mi. I can understand that after being beaten in the exams, Baek Hee wasn't too keen on hearing Miss First Class out. BUT, her nature in the beginning was being a loyal friend and good person. If the evil!teacher was responsible for pushing Baek Hee into the realm of evilness, we should see more of that. Such as Baek Hee starting to think she should forgive Hye Mi and then evil!teacher come along and give her advice persuading her to be more evil...and then in the end, if Hye Mi really does lose control of herself, her good personality is still in tact, but tainted by foul advice.

Does that make sense? Or maybe that's too complicated for a high school setting? I don't know. I just don't like how quickly Baek Hee switched sides. So much for loyalty. If she was really close to Hye Mi, she would know what a spoiled brat Hye Mi was already and could see past the facade...again, that may be too complicated for her either.

But I'm loving the drama--addicted until the end, I think. It's very cute and the characters are lovable. I do like Hye Mi's cold and distant personality because she's not the damsel in distress--she wants to pick herself up out of her own darn hole and I reckon she'll do it once she realizes that she can't do it alone. It's refreshing from all of the other female leads that I've become accustomed to in Korean dramas. Come on, Hye Mi! I'm rooting for you! And Pil Sook who is my official fav =D

No comments:

Post a Comment